To apply for any of the jobs listed here, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Your Name – Job Title’ in the subject field, attaching a CV and cover letter.
All roles are based in Kentish Town, NW5 unless otherwise stated.
Candidates unable to prove their right to work in the UK will not be shortlisted.
Please note that we are unable to respond to every application due to the volume received. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
THE RANKIN GROUP
Over the past year there has been rapid expansion of the The Rankin Group portfolio. In this exciting phase of growth, we are looking for a fully qualified Finance Director to lead the team and direct the financial strategy of the group of businesses through its next phases of development. The Rankin Group offers full service concept to delivery of all types of production, increasingly focused around film production, commercial production and has spearheaded THE SUPERSHOOT – a production offer for a modern world demanding asset creation at speed for multiple touch points within in highly efficient production model. The Rankin Group also includes The Full Service (creative agency), Hunger Magazine (publishing) and True Black Studio (post production).
There are further plans in the pipeline involving expansion of estates as studios for hire and digital services which respond to the changing nature of content consumption for the fashion and beauty industries.
In this period of change we are looking for a fully qualified Finance Director to lead the finance function and to partner the leadership team. This role will have responsibility for management accounts and divisional analysis across the 8 group companies and will include managing profit in revenue streams, domestic and international tax and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
With a meticulous eye for detail, you will lead our Finance team of 4, working closely with the senior leadership team to successfully deliver accurate results, forecast future pipeline impact and provide deep insight and analysis on the performance of the business. A Qualified accountant with excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, coupled with the ability to influence and lead colleagues is essential. As a small but agile team this will require a candidate who is still comfortable to be hands-on as well as the ability to take strategic oversight of the finance function and to work closely with partners in banking, accounting and tax to effectively deliver the financial operation of the business from start to finish.
- Film production essential, broader media or publishing experience an advantage
- Leadership experience within an organisation with turnover exceeding £10m
- Systems integration and process change
SOCIAL MEDIA & CONTENT STRATEGIST
The Rankin Group are searching for a Social Media & Content Strategist to develop paid and non-paid social media and content strategies, helping to grow our businesses through a variety of online and social channels. In this role, the Strategist insures that the agency provides:
- Sound and responsible social media / content strategy and planning.
- Proper and innovative execution of work in all areas on schedule.
- A consistently superior creative product.
- Interest in and aptitude for developing social media and content strategy solutions
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a strategist in a creative agency or digital agency environment
- Possesses understanding of Social advertising campaign management and optimization practices across Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Monitors the latest trends in social media, including advertising formats, channels and technologies in order to improve campaign performance and provide recommendations on how we and our clients can best leverage new tools and services
- Compile data across several social media platforms and create weekly/monthly reports, including analysis for insights, optimizations and future strategy development
- Demonstrates strategic insight to develop long term execution plans from business objectives and implement those plans
- Displays organizational capabilities to track progress, execution and consistency of social advertising campaigns
- Exhibits solid communication skills in order to effectively present strategic and tactical plans
- Demonstrates understanding of and ability to facilitate and manage forecasting, budgeting and pacing, campaign creation and optimization
- Possesses well developed analytical ability to extract insight from data and plan next steps across multiple marketing mediums
- Ability to self-manage while managing supporting members around the business and projects under tight deadlines.
PRODUCTION DESIGN ASSISTANT
We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Design Assistant to join our super busy art department. You will work on a variety of film and stills shoots across Rankin Photography, Hunger Magazine, and our agency The Full Service. This is a varied and ‘hands on’ supporting role which requires an extremely organised, level-headed and positive person, comfortable in a busy and demanding studio environment. The ideal candidate will be a graduate of related a degree who is hard working, a quick learner, conscientious and willing to get involved in a variety of tasks. You’ll also be able to demonstrate a passion for what we create.
- Ability to deliver well under pressure and on tight turnarounds
- Ability in working across multiple projects – commercial / film / stills/ editorials
- Ability to problem solve: be resourceful / adaptable
- Experience in set construction / erection / dismantling of sets – proficiency in the use of workshop tools is an essential
- Can do positive attitude – ready to muck in
- Energy and drive to succeed
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Lateral thinking and initiative
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Full Drivers licence
- Demonstrable passion for the work we do
Please note this is an entry level opportunity to join our in-house team and not a freelance role.
FREELANCE PHOTOGRAPHERS ASSISTANT
Rankin’s team are looking for an experienced freelance Photographers Assistants to join our talent pool. You will have solid studio skills and previous experience using medium format cameras and working with different flash systems.
- A minimum 2 years professional assisting experience
- Experience using medium format cameras
- Experience working with a range of flash systems
Please send your CV and brief covering letter addressing how you match the requirements and detailing your previous assisting experience.